LAHAB facilities are well equipped for inspect and test ammunition. The environmental and ballistic tests are performed according to NATO, MIL-SPEC, CIP and SAAMI specifications.
There are two ballistic test sites operating at the LAHAB premises offering the following:
- Ballistics Tests Laboratory, comprised of two indoor shooting ranges for the testing of small-calibre ammunition and anti-ballistic materials.
- Open Ballistic Shooting Range, equipped to test small- and medium-calibre ammunition.
Adhering to the highest standards, our testing equipment meets NATO, US-MIL SPEC, CIP and SAAMI specifications and covers the following:
- Photo screens and Doppler radar for measuring velocity
- Ballistic pressure measurement with NATO-qualified transducers
- Blast overpressure measurement
- Piezo-electric pressure sensor calibrator
- High-speed videography up to 400,000fps and high-definition colour cameras
- Ballistic testing with dedicated test weapons for all types of 40mm grenades and small-arms ammunition
- Static testing of explosive-filled components up to 1kg
- Environmental conditioning of ammunition under test prior to firing
- Mobile test capability that can be deployed to military firing ranges
Operating to world-class standards, the experienced staff running the LAHAB chemical laboratory performs complex, high-precision measurements and tests using state-of-the-art equipment.
Our qualified test laboratories undertake rigorous endurance, accuracy, performance, compliance, and safety tests for all major ammunition types.
Accredited and licensed by the UAE Ministry of Health, our state-of-the-art lab conducts quality testing and to ensure compliance with international standards of all incoming explosives, paint, and various raw materials, including:
- Quality testing of incoming assembly components
- Quality testing of manufactured explosives
- Propellant stabiliser content tests
- Propellant long-term stability tests
- Environmental analysis of wastewater effluent
- Compatibility and stability testing of explosives
- Plant support for chemical process parameters
- Occupational health: monitoring of air quality
The LAHAB x-ray inspection lab provides one of the most effective nondestructive testing (NDT) facilities available to assure product completeness and quality.
LAHABS x-ray (DR) and Computed Tomography (CT) methods are employed on a wide array of military-related devices and components from large rocket motors to handheld firearm ammunition. X-ray imaging can be used in both product development and production quality control. One-hundred percent x-ray inspection is commonly used on mission-critical components.
Accredited and licensed by the Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation, our x-ray lab offers advanced testing capabilities, including:
- A 9 MeV linear accelerator and digital imaging system available for NDT
- Suitable for the x-ray inspection of large-calibre artillery shells, aircraft bombs, and rocket motors
- Available for x-ray examination of turbine hubs and large metal castings
- The imaging system primary detector offers exceptional resolution (4008 x 2672)
- Full 16-bit digitisation gives excellent contrast and dynamic range
- Defect detection capability exceeds film in most circumstances (≤ 2% 2T) according to MIL-STD-746